FreshWorks is on a mission to deliver the most intuitive, innovative, and highest quality mobile apps to our key markets. We are a fast growing mobile and advanced technologies development company. We work with the latest technologies and have a high calibre team of young software engineers looking for a leader. Our clientele includes leading businesses, hi-tech start-ups, municipal and provincial government projects. We are looking for a leader with 5+ years of experience leading, managing, and growing software development teams.
THE FRESHWORKS VP ENGINEERING:
The FreshWorks VP Engineering will lead and manage our development team. They will feel comfortable with the latest programming technologies but also have a black-belt in Excel. They will be a stickler for unit tests, system tests and regression tests, and in fact, they are passionate about automating testing overall. They know how to estimate work units, how to manage the agile development process, and how to get the most out of their teams.
And first and foremost, our VP of Engineering is a people manager. They still have the respect of their team because they’re technical experience. But they’re that rare breed that is expert in the human element. They know how to motivate their people. They understand the different character types and how to create a unified team and motivate their people. They know how to get people to hit deadlines. They know when it’s OK to push hard for the team to hit a deadline even if it means yet another all-nighter or weekend. And they know when to tell us to get stuffed because the team has reached maximum stress / effort. A great VP of Engineering manages as well up as they do down.
- As a member of the FreshWorks leadership team, you will contribute significantly to our overall business, technology, and organizational strategy. You’ll work collaboratively with your executive counterparts at FreshWorks to ensure that we’re delivering excellent experiences to our customers.
- Continuously build and develop engineering and leadership talent. Growth and development, including coaching, career planning, and career path development, are critical. You will be charged with developing clear career paths and strategies for performance management for both engineering team leads and engineers.
- Provide technical leadership through collaborating with your team to develop engineering strategy, identify key priorities, and design and manage operating structures that support a high performing and effective team and a reliable and high-quality delivery process, not only for today, but also as we continue to scale into the future.
- Responsible for the entire software development lifecycle process, both with internal employees, customers, and with key vendors -- architecture, development, QA, operations, hosting, privacy, security, and customer data protection.
- 5+ years of overall experience, including leading a team of 20+ engineers, engineering managers, and closely associated roles.
- A desire to change the world and a passion for helping other people succeed.
- A proven track record for coaching, managing, and developing amazing team leaders and engineers. You enjoy the challenge and reward of giving feedback to coworkers, both your direct reports and peers, and enabling their skill and career growth.
- A technical background and history of creating successful teams and products that allows you to command technical respect — you can dive into technical discussions and deeply understand them while appreciating that you’re not the authority.
- Strong communication skills, especially written — a history of blogging or essay-writing or such is wonderful.
- Ability to motivate and inspire a talented, creative, and technical team to do their best work.
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Highly competitive salary
- Profit sharing programme
- Equity compensation
- 3 Weeks Vacation
- Plus time off between Christmas and New Years
- Great location: downtown Victoria, close to many amazing amenities
- The ability to improve real lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant.
Send us a copy of your resume at email@example.com with the following subject line "AirSenze/FreshWorks Careers: VP Engineering"